Night Transport Planner
Competitive rates of pay
Monday to Friday 8.00pm to 6.00am
Finding solutions for dedicated transport requests and working with customer services to best support the customers’ requirements
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the direction of the Transport Planning Supervisor.
- Assist with the organisation of the drivers’ route schedules and forward planning to ensure coverage at all times
- Assist with effective planning and assignment of customer loads to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Assist in the collection and monitoring of KPI’s and ensure reports are completed accurately and on-time
- Deal with any queries or problems with night trunk drivers
- Ensure agreed KPI’s and service levels are met
- Report to the Planning Supervisor with any issues or problems during operational hours and ensure an effective handover to day team.
- Coordination and processing of all PODs to ensure system is up to date.
- Checking of all fleet insurance details and alerting insurance company of any changes.
- Ensure all fines and toll charges are paid and up to date on system.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Transport office experience in a same day response and dispatch environment, particularly within a courier type operation, is preferred.
- The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate high levels of problem solving and good interpersonal skills
- Keen to take responsibility and work autonomously
- Able to work with strict time pressures
- Able to demonstrate a strong customer service mentality, and understand that some things must be acted upon with urgency and immediacy
- Able to prioritise multiple activities
- Excellent attention to detail, and patience with repetitive activities
- Enthusiasm and a confident personable manner
- Well organised and reliable
- Excellent computer skills
Please note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.